The online version of the 9th edition of Pathways of the Pulp has closed.
request a free trial of the new edition,
activate your new edition on Expert Consult, take a look at all of the
available titles we offer, or use the links below to buy the new edition.
If you have the Spanish version of the 9th edition, please click
here to access.
Buy the new edition today!
select your location:
East & Africa
& New ZealandOr, if you've already purchased the new edition, you can
activate it now at Expert Consult.
Pathways of the Pulp: Expert Consult Online and Print, 10th edition
By Kenneth M. Hargreaves, DDS, PhD, FACD, FICD and Stephen Cohen, MA, DDS, FICD, FACD
- A diverse and respected group of contributors includes experts such as Louis Berman, Gerald Glickman, Richard Walton, Gary Hartwell, and many more.
- Preparation for Treatment chapter examines the issues that must be addressed before nonsurgical root canal treatment can begin, including proper infection control and occupational safety procedures for the entire health care team and treatment environment, appropriate communication with the patient (including case presentation and informed consent), premedication, effective administration of local anesthesia, a quality radiographic or digital-image survey, and thorough isolation of the treatment site.
- Cleaning and Shaping of the Root Canal System chapter includes a new section on preventing/treating sodium hypochlorite accidents, and also addresses the framework of root canal treatment, the technical and clinical issues surrounding cleaning and shaping, and canal preparation and cleaning techniques.
- Records and Legal Responsibilities chapter includes legal forms and descriptions of legal processes, guidelines for record keeping, and information on HIPAA doctor-patient rights and responsibilities, so you can avoid potential legal issues, operate your practice more smoothly and professionally, and know your options in all situations.
- The Role of Endodontics After Dental Traumatic Injuries chapter focuses on the role of the dentino-pulpal complex in the pathogenesis of disease subsequent to dentinal trauma and how treatment of this complex can contribute to favorable healing.
- Periradicular Surgery chapter covers this predictable, cost-effective alternative to extraction and tooth replacement with a new section on three-dimensional cone beam volumetric tomography and also covers topics including indications for periradicular surgery, the biological principles of wound healing, soft and hard tissue healing, systemic medications and the effect they have on wound healing, pre-operative evaluation, patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical access, periradicular curettage and biopsy, localized hemostasis, management of the root endguided tissue regeneration and endodontic surgery, intentional replantation, postoperative care, management of surgical complications, and more.
- Pediatric Endodontics chapter provides a review of current therapies for the prevention and treatment of pulpal disease in primary and young permanent teeth.
- Effects of Age and Systemic Health on Endodontics chapter discusses special considerations and procedures for older patients, including how medical and dental histories can impact treatment, diagnosis and treatment of the older patient, and endodontic surgery.
- Digital Technology in Endodontic Practice chapter discusses integrating technology into the office, including the use of electronic records, with a new section on radiation addressing the NCRP recommendations, quality assurance, and patient education, and a section on Cone Beam CT examining CBCT advantages such as lower cost, less radiation, and greater accuracy, along with the newly introduced hybrid units like the Kodak 9000 3D extraoral imaging system.